Orthodontics treatments & Dento-Facial Orthopedics
It is all about achieving a smile that you are happy to show!
In the present-day world where appearance holds a lot of importance both socially and psychologically, orthodontics as a speciality plays a major role.
Orthodontics treatments deal with the correction of irregular teeth and associated structures. Depending on the ailment, various treatment options are suggested.
Different types of dental braces are used to correct an irregular set of teeth. Braces for teeth are mainly of two types – fixed and removable. The type of braces to be worn will be decided taking into consideration the degree of irregularity of the teeth.
A variety of tooth braces (conventional to highly cosmetic types) are available. Cosmetic braces (tooth colored, mini diamond, colored, golden etc.) are now highly popular.
Here are ten benefits of orthodontic treatment:
- Better appearance of teeth, smile and face
- Improved self-esteem, confidence, well-being and feeling of acceptance
- A more even bite
- Improve growth in a positive manner
- Correct harmful habits, better jaw alignment, proportion and function
- Better chewing and digestion.
- Easier to clean teeth
- Reduce risk of injury to protruding front teeth.
- A better combination of smile aesthetics, function and harmony among facial structures
Straight wire technique, Begg technique, tip edge technique, functional appliances, removable appliances are some of the orthodontic techniques available at our clinic with economy and qualitative excellence.
Pre and post-surgical orthodontics and care for cleft lip and palate patients is also provided in the orthodontic department of our clinic.
Dr. Vinod Krishnan BDS, MDS heads our Department of Orthodontics at Trivandrum Dental Specialists’ Group. He is an internationally recognised expert in the orthodontic field.